Alright, I’m always trying to find chicken recipes that are, well, unbelievable. Having a family full of picky eaters doesn’t make this endeavor easy, but I managed with this recipe! The secret to this recipe is using the freshest ingredients available – don’t make the mistake of using bottled lime and lemon juice! I doubled the recipe, marinated chicken breasts in it overnight in the fridge, and then basted the chicken with the marinate as it was broiling in the oven.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons prepared coarse-ground mustard (I used Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Mustard.)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a large glass bowl, mix the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Place chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the prepared grill, and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Discard marinade.
MORE FOOD PHOTOS: FOOD PORN. (My FLICKR set)