Hi everyone! I bring you one of my Mama’s recipes, a tropical pasta salad with chicken. It’s almost cook free, and SUPER SUPER simple to make. It’s a great Summer side dish, and if you add more chicken, I’m sure it’d make a good dinner, too!
Mom got it from her ex-inlaws that live in California, and as I live in SC, I know absolutely nothing about this recipe. If you know something about it or something like it, let me know!
- 60 oz Tropical Fruit Salad, with juice/syrup
- 2 packages of Tyson ready to go grilled chicken (or fajitas style chicken strips, or rotisserie, whatever is handy – I don’t think left over baked or fried chicken would work here though!)
- 1 lb. tri colored pasta
- Small bottle blue cheese dressing
- Boil a pot of water for the pasta, & liberally salt the water. When it comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook till it’s to your favorite doneness. We like slightly past the al dente stage.
- While you’re waiting for the pasta to cook, open the cans of fruit salad and try not to eat all the pineapple from the cans, like I fail to do. Dump into a large bowl, including the juices.
- Rip open the bags of chicken, and cut down to size any strip of chicken that isn’t bite-sized. All you have to do then is pour into the bowl with the fruit.
- Drain the pasta, and then add to the fruit and chicken. Mix it all together.
- When you’re ready to plate, you can add the blue cheese dressing or just leave it off. I leave mine off =)